I hope everyone had a most Merry of Holiday Celebrations and I wish you all a Happy New 2010!! In the midst of all this celebrating, family, and rush-around hub-bub, it is expected that you might feel a bit fatigued or experience a tad of insomnia . . . well, never fear, I've got a handful of aromatherapy remedies that will help gently lead you to the Land of Nod and possibly encourage a few sweet dreams in the process.
The following recipes are easy to make, smell wonderful, are great to take when you travel and your schedule gets askew, and also make great gifts.
To make each recipe below: Add the drops of essential oils directly to the 2-oz. glass spray bottle (plastic is okay). Fill the bottle with distilled water - to within 1/2-inch from the top. Screw on the lid. Shake well to blend. The essential oils will not infuse into the water and will separate and float to the top - so the bottle must be shaken each time prior to use. Lightly mist your pillow with the aromatherapeutic formula before bedtime. No refrigeration necessary, but for maximum freshness and potency, please use within 6 months.
"TO SLEEP PERCHANCE TO DREAM . . . "
1. For Deep, Peaceful Sleep and Gentle Dreams: 3 drops lavender, 2 drops neroli, 1 drop tangerine or 1 drop pink grapefruit essential oils
2. For Dreams You'll Remember: 3 drops rosemary & 3 drops lavender essential oils
3. For Dreams of Brilliant Clarity: 2 drops peppermint & 4 drops lavender essential oils
4. To Soothe A Headache: 3 drops lavender, 2 drops rosemary, 1 drop peppermint essential oils
5. To Soothe A Tummy Ache & Relax Cramping (also relieves tension headaches): 3 drops Roman chamomile, 2 drops marjoram, 2 drops cardamom essential oils
6. To Prevent Nightmares: 3 drops pink grapefruit, 2 drops lemon, 2 drops rosemary essential oil
7. For Dreams of Love: 4 drops rose geranium, 1-2 drops rose attar or rose maroc, & 1 drop patchouli or 3 drops lavender essential oil
BEFORE USING ESSENTIAL OILS: If you are new to the use of essential oils and/or are unfamiliar with how your skin / respiratory system may react to them, please read an introductory guide to the art of aromatherapy and use a patch test prior to applying the product to your pillow. The above mists are very, very gentle and extremely diluted and should not, under recommended use, cause any adverse problems.
NOTE: The above information is true and complete to the best of Ms. Tourles' knowledge. All recommendations are made without guarantee on the part of Ms. Tourles. She disclaims any liability in connection with the use of this information. It is for personal use and educational information only.